After a quick trip to the dog park and the grocery store, I spent Saturday getting a jump start on cleaning and laundry while Trevor raked a ton of leaves up. We spent Halloween with Trevor’s family in Clifton Park. We hung out at his brother’s house and trick-or-treated around their neighborhood. Their neighbors were super generous with the candy and we literally ended up with a ton. Its going to take us a while to get through it (hopefully!). Everyone’s costumes were really fun and it was hysterical to see everyone dressed up. Trevor and I pulled together Mary Poppins and Bert pretty quickly and it worked well, especially for not really being Halloween people. Hadley was Elsa and Bryn was Sofia the First – Ballerina edition. Adorable.
For our costumes (in case you’re curious):
Trevor’s Bert costume: He used a work suit he had lying around with a red neck tie I got at Michaels, the hat is from Target and he made his chimney sweep brush (he’s so handy!)
My Mary Poppins costume: I made all the red accents with just some ribbon from A.C. Moore. The hat is a thrift store find from the shop in Saratoga, the white top I’ve had forever (it’s actually a super long bathing suit cover up) and the black skirt I found on Amazon. I didn’t do the bag or the umbrella because I basically ran out of time and knew I’d needed some free hands to carry things for the kids anyways.
On Sunday, I got a serious cleaning kick and just rolled with it. Never left the house.
So good. Is it weird that I find cleaning so cathartic, but it really makes me happy. I’m a total nerd.
So on to our meal plan for this week!
- Sunday: Braised Short Ribs with Sour Cream & Onion Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Carrots (the ribs recipe is coming later this week!)
- Monday: Cashew Chicken with Brown Rice
- Tuesday: Out to dinner for Hadley’s birthday with dessert back at home
- Wednesday: Sausage and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Thursday: Jazzed up Annie’s Mac (seriously, roll with it!) with roasted chicken, veggies and panko crumb topping