Well, the vacation’s over and it’s back to work for me. I was really enjoying the whole being home and getting paid thing, but all good things come to an end. For this week’s Meal Plan Monday, I wanted to focus on making meals as simple as possible so that it could be a less painful transition into getting up early and commuting an hour to work each day. (fun, right?). I’m including the weekend’s meals as well because they were too good not to!
So here’s my low maintenance week of meals :
Meal Plan Monday
- Saturday: My Aunt Debbie’s Slow Cooker Beef Barbecue (I’m going to have to blog this one sometime!) and French fries from Trader Joe’s
- Sunday: Homemade Pepperoni Pizza (for Trevor and the kids) and I made a white pizza topped with fresh mozzarella and prosciutto
- Monday: Chicken and Corn Chowder with quick biscuits (I’ve pre-made the soup on Sunday and its in the fridge ready to be heated up tonight!) I based the soup off this recipe, but made it on the stove not the slow cooker.
- Tuesday: Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- Wednesday: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup (using the reduced sodium kind from Trader Joe’s)
- Thursday: Trader Joe’s Chicken Fried Rice and Succotash (remember I said this was a low maintenance week?)
Like I said, I’m taking it easy on the dinners this week while I get back into the swing of blogging and working full-time. I’ve got some delicious recipes coming up this week and I can’t wait to share them!
So what’s for dinner at your house this week? Share in the comments below!