Glowing Skin Green Smoothie
I’m such a cliche. It’s almost the new year and I’m already thinking about how to be more healthy. A little less ice cream and a little more veggies, right? I think this Glowing Skin Green Smoothie does just the trick.
I made this for breakfast as a pre-Spinning meal and it was perfect. Not too heavy, but a ton of nutrients to give you that added boost of energy before what ended up being a really tough workout (thank you, Laura!).
I was skeptical about avocado in a breakfast smoothie, but now I don’t think I’ll make any green smoothies without it. I was devoted to my Mango Tango Green Smoothie, and this isn’t much different, but the added coconut water and avocado really boost the health benefits. The original recipe that I saw of this, from Sally’s Baking Addiction, didn’t have enough coconut water for me or to really blend it in my blender.
Notes on this recipe: Make sure you use an unsweetened plain coconut water. There’s a lot of coconut waters out there with a ton of extra sweeteners (all sugar) so get a plain, organic variety. I use Cocozia, which is organic and has nothing added.
Read on for the recipe.
- 8 oz. cup plain coconut water (no sweeteners added)
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. ground flax
- Put everything in the blender and puree until silky smooth. Add more coconut water if everything doesn't come together easily.