Note: I received free products for the purpose of this post/recipe. All opinions and photos are my own!
This acai bowl has been my absolute favorite breakfast lately. It’s been a little bit of trial and error, but once I perfected the recipe, I knew I had to share it as part of the Steviva’s Sweeten’ it Up Blogger Recipe Challenge. I pretty much eat this breakfast every morning and its the perfect, healthy way to kick-start your day!
For the blogger challenge, Steviva sent me a bunch of their products and challenged me to come up wth an interesting recipe with one of them, and I was instantly drawn to Nectevia. It’s a great blend of Stevia extract and agave nectar – perfect for smoothies and acai bowls that need a touch of sweetness without a ton of calories. The serving size is a 1/2 tsp. and has 2 calories! I use 1 tablespoon in this recipe and its the perfect hint of sweetness because acai berries can be slightly bitter in their raw form.
Once you have the base for your bowl, you can use whatever toppings you want. I always love several kinds of fresh fruit and my favorite granola.
- 1 acai packet, thawed slightly by running under water for about 20 seconds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp. Nectevia
- 1 scoop Arbonne fiber boost (this is honestly just an extra way to get fiber - you don't need to buy this)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 4 or 5 strawberries, sliced
- Put all bowl ingredients (acai, milk, berries, Nectevia and fiber powder) in a blender and turn on until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture (which should be pretty thick) into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Add an extra drizzle of Nectevia on top for a little added sweetness!